Join Student Union TUO and be part of the student community!
As a member of Student Union TUO, you’re entitled to many discounts and benefits, such as cheaper tickets to parties thrown by TUO and personal guidance and counseling in case you have troubles with your student life.
Why should I join?
As a member of Student Union TUO you are entitled to many member benefits.
TUO offers its members discounts and cheaper tickets to events. TUO’s staff and harassment contact people should you face troubles in your student life. There is also free legal council available, in case you need advice about employment, renting an apartment, or marriage and domestic partnership.
Being a member means all this and much more:
- TUO’s student card is also an official Finnish student ID. With it, you get discounts on public transportation (VR, Matkahuolto, Föli) and Kela’s meal subsidy – and also countless discounts in different businesses all around Turku and Finland!
- TUO is there for you from the start of your studies until the end. TUO’s advisers will help you, should you encounter troubles such as late grades or inappropriate behavior during your studies.
- Member discount tickets to TUO’s events and discounts when buying TUO’s products, such as overall patches.
- You can start your own club and get TUO’s support for it.
- You get the chance to make an impact: all members have a vote and can run for office in the student union council election.
- At the moment, TUO represents over 5.000 TUAS students. The more of us there are, the louder TUO can speak for all TUAS students and the more seriously TUO’s opinions are taken in local decision-making!
Digital membership card
When you join TUO, you get a digital membership card on the Slice.fi app.
The Slice.fi app functions as an official student card, and it also unlocks plenty of special student discounts you cannot get elsewhere.
When you join as a member of Student Union TUO, you will receive an email with instructions on logging into the app.
How can I join?
After a 24-hour processing period after paying your membership fee, you can download the Slice.fi app to your mobile phone by using the form at slice.fi/upload.
You will receive an email with instructions and single-use username and password to use to log into Slice.fi app.
What does a membership cost?
When you join the student union, you can pay your membership fees for a shorter time (semester or academic year), or for your full TUAS studies all in one go. The longer membership you choose, the more you save!
|Duration of membership||Cost|
|4,5 years||114 €||You save 28 €|
|4 years||104 €||You save 23 €|
|3,5 years||94 €||You save 18 €|
|2 years||61 €||You save 6 €|
|1 year||37 €||You save 4 €|
|Semester (0,5 years)||24 €|
The prices above include the student union joining fee, 7 €.
Continuing your membership
|Duration of membership||Cost|
|2 years||54 €||You save 6 €|
|1 years||30 €||You save 4 €|
|Semester (0,5 years)||17 €|
Have you paid your membership fees for many years, but graduate earlier or change school? No worries! You can have your money back for the remainder of the time, please contact the student union.
You can find information about the contents of TUO’s member register here.