Call for tutors!
The search is open!
Apply to be student tutor!
Did you find your own tutors great and want to be apart of welcoming the new students to TUAS in fall 2020?
We are searching tutors for the following degree programmes:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology
As a tutor you get to teach and help new students from day one. Your responsibilities are for example:
- To plan the orientation days with the personnel of TUAS
- To teach how to manage and how to study at TUAS
- To introduce new students to student culture and free time activities
- To support new students as they get to know each other
- Take part in the marketing of your studies and degree programme
What do you get while acting as a tutor?
For being a tutor, you’ll receive 3 credits. On top of that, you’ll meet new people and get valuable experience of being in a group and leading one. As a tutor, you’ll also get experience at organizing events and how a group actually works. You don’t need to manage all by yourself because you’ll get support from other tutors, personnel of TUAS and the student union.
How to apply?
The tutor selecting process consists of following parts: the application form, a group interview and checking the ECTS.
You can apply by filling the form here. If necessary, change the language from the top of the form. Please fill the form carefully because it is a part of the process.
Applications must be sent before Sunday the 8th of December 2019 23.59.
The applicants will be contacted after the application period.
The applicants will be invited to a group interview based on their application form. The group interviews are normally held among one degree programme students.
- The group interviews are held on weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5 (6.1.-31.1.2020). The invitation to the froup interview is sent per e-mail to the applicants after the application period.
- It is not possible to change the interview time that is given unless you have a really heavy reason
- It takes about 30-45 minutes per interview
- The selections are made based on the applications, group interviews and the ECTS check-up. If the applicant acts in a way that is inappropriate for such a trusteeship can this be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- We are mainly looking for new tutors on same degree programmes where we are searching the tutors
- To be selected as a tutor the student must be committed to acting as a tutor, active and do the given tasks on time
- TUO will contact all the applicants after the application period
- For the selected tutors a link is sent where you will find the sign up form for the mandatory tutor training day that is held in February or in March
For more information ask your study counsellor or TUO’s adviser Lumi Sallinen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Student Union – TUO holds the right to change these terms at any point.